viernes, 20 de febrero de 2015

A day in the life of a Dive Master (in training)

Get up at 6am; dive twice in morning once in afternoon. Carry heavy scuba gear to and from the boat. Setup lots of equipment. Talk to customers all day long. See amazing creatures. Eat quickly at lunch time. Maybe do a night dive. Go home at 7pm. Eat or drink, maybe with customers or just quickly at home. Fall asleep at 9pm or earlier. 

I just wouldn't have it any other way! I get to dive every day all day long!

Customers
So I've had one bad customer, who basically told me I couldn't be a dive master cause I used too much air, but you always get people who want to bring you down so I just ignore them. I think some people are just jealous that they never done what they wanted with their lives and are angry that you did!

But one great one too. He was a 72 year old German guy, called Godfried, who had trouble with his buoyancy. Phillipe, my instructor, had warned me previously that this dude might not be that confident and told me to take extra weights down with me. I knew he meant, incase the guy surfaces too quickly, which is the most dangerous thing that can happen in diving. Half way through the dive I noticed this dude was way to close to surface so I pulled him down by his fin and put extra weights in his pockets. After that he maintained his buoyancy and managed to stay on my level. I continued to watch him throughout the dive just to check if he was ok. After that dive he thanked me and told me he felt very safe with me and that he could see I was doing the right job and he would recomend me to the School. That means so much to me, no one has ever said that to me. So it just goes to show if you do what you love, follow your heart and do what you are good at you will find yourself in a happy place. I don't wanna count my chickens yet, but it seems I am on the right track. I think Winston Churchill said, "when you find a job you love you will never work again."





No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario