sábado, 17 de enero de 2015

Arriving at Bocas Del Torro

Friday 16th January
So after an all night bus trip, where the air con was turned up so high I had to put on my Himalayan trekking jacket and thermal underwear ( to stop myself from freezing) we made it to Bocas. Met by hoards of taxi drivers all touting for business to take you to their speed boat for transfer to Isla Colon, the main island in Bocas where most people stay. Our friend Panama had told us the boats were $3 dollars but when we were met by a man at a crossroads he took us to his boat it doubled to $6. I had the feeling this guy was trying to get our business and make use his boat instead of official ferry, but that's how it works I guess, it's only $3, just the principle of not being a ripped off tourist I don't like. I just wanna travel like local people, meet local people, so I understand what it's like to come from that country and how it differs in opportunity and lifestyle from my country, I mean isn't that the point of travelling, it's not to stay in some comfortable bubble that represents everything you have back home but it's a bit warmer...

Anyway stunning boat ride (apparently the local ferry takes hours as well, speed boat took 15 minutes, so yeah, maybe an extra $3 is worth it!):





No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario