viernes, 16 de enero de 2015

Last day in Panama City

Thursday 15th January
Today we left Panama city, I had had a great time there, mainly thanks to Rafael's hospitality and meeting the other two couch surfers (I am definately couch surfing everywhere I go, it is just the best, and cheapest, way to meet people and have a great time).

Johnathan, Frank and I spent the day walking up to the top of the hill in the old  town that overlooks Panama. Was a great view and a cool chance to chat and get to know Johnathan who is so cool. I think he really will be famous in a year or so because of his blog (world poker trip) and the book that will come out. I am so fortunate to have met him right at the beginning of my trip because he inspires me just to follow his heart, follow his dreams and things will just happen for you.

The fish market near the old district was fantastic too...they do these relit nice fish cocktails for about a dollar 50...and you can also pick up some really nice big fish, this monster was 50 dollars, but I couldn't eat it all myself:
So my conclusion on Panama, its a growing rapidly changing city, the old district has some amazing looking buildings from the colonial French and Spanish times that they are rebuilding. It seems safe, more so than anywhere else people tell me about in Central America. Lots of police though, which makes you feel safer...however cities aren't for me when its 35 degrees, so I just had to escape the heat and bustle of the city for a relative paradise...Bocas Del Torro









No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario