martes, 27 de enero de 2015

Last day Jungla Paraiso

Sunday January 25th 2015
Well if visiting jungla paraiso wasn't enough I also get to meet Alex, who, along with his family, own the land. Just a quick point it turns out Esteban is actually just the manager of the place at the moment and doesn't own any of it. It's all Alex and his families land that they inherited from there father. I'm confused as to why Esteban told me he had invested a lot of money in it. I have a feeling Esteban lies about a lot of things. He isn't a bad person but he needs to learn to be honest with people else he will shoot himself in the foot.

Anyway, the last day was really cool...Alex took us on a walk to another set of waterfalls. We had to climb down the slope again, from which I fell and twisted my ankle, but I was ultra cautious this time so I was ok. 

These new waterfalls were hidden way in the top of the jungle. We had to hack our way through quite a steep path. There was actually a quicker way which was to climb up one of the waterfalls with ropes Alex had set out, but because I twisted my ankle Alex decided not to bring his ropes...I really trusted Alex a lot more as a guide because he was more attentive and careful about my well being that Esteban, who although was amazing when I hurt my ankle walked ahead a lot and ultimately didn't see the rope getting caught and slipping, which would have saved met ankle. Sorry Esteban, you gotta pay more attention in these situations.


When we got to these new waterfalls it was just brilliant, I showered beneath one because I was really really hot, and felt so refreshed afterwards. 


Turns out waterfalls are great to wash clothes under. The shear force of the falling water from the waterfall (or the cascadas) means your clothes get all the dirt beat out of them...was wicked seeing a rainbow at the bottom as well when the sun came out.

Making out way back down I managed to get all my clothes completely soaking It's very hard to stay dry in a rainforest, by their nature you and everything else is wet!
Alex fooling around

They don't call it the rainforest for nothing!

I decided to leave that afternoon with Alex and his two Spanish friends because it felt right because Alex offered to give me a lift and let me stay at his Mum's house, and they are much nearer the border to Nicaragua...also as relaxing and nice as it was I wanted to move on, get the mud out of my clothes and I'd had enough of being bitten by mosquitoes!

Leaving the farm with Alex, Frank and Geoffrey; Alex carried my bag the whole way through the mud

An almost Jurassic landscape, actually they filmed Jurassic park here in Costa Rica 

A tranquil moment by the river 







No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario