martes, 27 de enero de 2015

Tree Climbing with Alex

Monday 26th January 2015
So Alex let me stay at his Mum's house on the Sunday. I was gonna head off and go to Nicaragua early next morning, but Alex is so chilled he was just like, don't worry dude, wash your clothes let's eat some food and while they are drying we can go climb a specific type of tree in the forest...these trees are hollow from the inside, so you can climb up inside them and rapel down the outside.


Me about to jump out

Alex inside the tree!

I was actually shitting myself a bit when we got there and had climbed up inside as I had never self-rapeled myself down before. I've only ever belayed with a partner. But it's easy you just put the rope around the tree, then feed both bits of the rope through the figure of 8. As long as you keep hold of the rope to control your descent, you'll be fine. I was actually panicking a bit cause I didn't know what would happen.

Everything was ok in the end!

Afterwards we found another amazing waterfall with a pool to swim in, where we could wash ourselves off and refresh after our climb...I didn't wanna jump in though, it has actually been really rainy and cold recently, I mean not freezing but cold enough...


Cool day!



No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario